Sunday, January 13, 2008

Of course...

There is going to be a blizzard on my first day. Just because so far January has been pleasant and sunny and the days have been beautiful and walkable even. I'm not a neurotic person by nature, but I am definitely looking forward to making a great first impression tomorrow...oh, wait. I just realized that there is one thing that I am a tiny bit neurotic about, and that is punctuality. Training at Aetna begins at 7:45 a.m. My commute will be between 40-45 minutes on a good day, but add 6-8 inches of snow to that mix and you're looking at a few hours. So. If I wake up at 5 a.m. I should be good to go. All right! Nothing like starting a new job with that hanging over your head...and my car just hit the 160,000 mile marker. Gaaahhhhh!!!!

Okay, this is boring and basically just a rant that belongs in my head. Sorry.

2 comments:

heather said...

it's not boring. it's nice to know what's on your mind. i hope it went ok this morning - i've been thinking of you!

Tara said...

Awww thanks :) It went great, actually. The commute did suck but it was all worth it after completing the first day. I'm definitely where I want to be.