Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Became a strategic proposal writer, welcomed my brother's new fiancee to the family, adopted my cat, drove to Boston, bought an Altima, visited Charlotte, NC, started a book club, initiated Artie Lange Cupcake Day, made it through layoffs, assisted with Open Enrollment in D.C., attended a Lia Sophia party.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really do resolutions. I try to be the best person I can be every day, although it definitely shows more on certain days. I would like to get back on the Weight Watchers track, though. I've been kind of a slacker.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Scott and Kem just welcomed their baby boy on December 11th.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No.

5. What countries did you visit? The U.S. (namely North Carolina, Vermont, D.C., Massachusetts, Maryland, and Virginia).

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? I will let you know :).

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 14th...my snowy 1st day at Aetna. That day really determined how the rest of my year would turn out. I feel like it was fairly successful.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Proving myself in my position at work and developing a career for myself.

9. What was your biggest failure? Falling off the Weight Watchers wagon.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing worth writing about.

11. What was the best thing you bought? We were pretty frugal this year. I didn't buy my cat, but I would say that her vet bills are well worth the happiness she has brought us.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The behavior of U.S. voters! (agreed, Sarah--can't really beat that one).

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I don't want to go into it on a public blog.

14. Where did most of your money go? mortgage, car payment, taxes, groceries, gas (over the summer). Ugh I am a grown-up!!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Besides the new job I was really excited about visiting with the girls in Vermont. It was a wonderful weekend getaway.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Foundations" by Kate Nash.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? same ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, I guess, but not by much, and post-holiday season, I will change that. iii. richer or poorer? richer, although with the economy I feel poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Eating unhealthy food, caring too much what people think about me.

20. How did you spend Christmas? At my parents' house celebrating my brother's engagement.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Have been in love for 9 years.

22. How many one-night stands? None.

23. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's, Lost, Ghost Hunters, The Biggest Loser

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is way too strong a word. I don't actually hate anyone.

25. What was the best book you read? "The Kite Runner" and "Memoirs of a Geisha"

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Fleet Foxes, Kate Nash, A Fine Frenzy

27. What did you want and get? a new car!

28. What did you want and not get? nothing, I really have everything I want at the moment.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn't see many movies, but the most anticipated would have to have been Sex and the City.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29. Jeff and I went out for breakfast, then spent all day Christmas shopping in Mistick Village...then went to Starbucks for caramel apple spices, and then to the Daniel Packer Inne for a romantic dinner by the fireplace in the pub downstairs. Oh, and we had homemade fudge from the general store.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to save more money. It has been hard.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? someone described me as preppy. Not sure about that...but classic, I guess.

33. What kept you sane? Who said I'm sane?

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I don't fancy celebrities. Boring, I know.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? The election and the economy.

36. Who did you miss? Heather, Corrine, Jess, and I did miss my brother but just saw him.

37. Who was the best new person you met? quite a few from the new job...

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: That is extremely hard to do and I am not feeling all that creative this afternoon. Sorry!

No comments: