Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I want a pumpkin, apple cider, mums, corn chowder, and a big pile of crunchy leaves to jump in. I want to wear my cute puffy vest over a long-sleeved shirt with jeans and lace-up brown shoes to go hiking. I want the crisp air in the morning to fill my lungs and invigorate me before I even get into my car and drive to work (er, Dunkin' Donuts. First things first).

I DON'T want 80 degree weather in October. I don't want to wear my summer clothes for another half a second. I don't want humidity, iced coffee, cookout food or plants. I am tired of taking care of our hanging baskets on the deck. They need more attention than I am willing to give them, and besides, it is October. Die already! I want to see pretty, colorful leaves covering the ground. I don't want to see wishy-washy brownish green leaves clinging to the trees.

Where is the Fall that we all know and love? I feel like it's the summer that never ends...yes it goes on and on, my friends...I know that there are people out there who embrace the everlasting warm weather but really. Enough already.

Rachel and I are getting together on Saturday. We both want pumpkins and we're hoping to go hiking somewhere locally, and other than that we threw around the idea of drinking wine and baking cookies (and maybe addding a little wine to the cookies? I don't know). All I'm saying is that I better be able to wear corduroy pants and a sweater because I am not picking out my pumpkin wearing shorts and flip flops. It's practically sacrilege.

5 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee said...

I want to be wearing my poofy vest, too!! Happy pumpkin picking :)

Sarah said...

I just got corn chowder from the cafeteria to go with the sandwich I brought for lunch! Thanks for the idea! Yum. I agree, it'd taste betting if there was a chill in the air.

Sarah said...

UH. Better.

heather said...

once again - amen, sister!