Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I don't have a lot of energy to expend on writing a real post tonight because I am exhausted. However, due to the incessant whining I've been hearing from a few of my colleagues (ahem, Samantha and Alan "Ace") these past couple of days, I thought I would give it a shot. APPARENTly people have actually been checking this site recently and have proved despondent over the fact that the last post was about lullabies and it was written more than a week ago. So, fine. Here is the amazing life of...Tarabyte. Yes, I did really just say Tarabyte. During the second week of training, we learned that one of Aetna's databases houses 16 terrabytes of information. This, of course, lead to me chomping at the air all the while proclaiming that "I bite," which then lead to the nickname permanently affixing itself to...myself. Quite endearing. I was about to give a presentation the other day and our head instructor looked up at me and said, "Ready, Tarabyte?" Seriously.

Anyway, other than the nickname, I am still loving my job. But I know, that's not inherently interesting to any of you out there reading this and frankly I don't feel like going into details of my daily life there only because it would turn out to be this one enormous run-on sentence that would probably take you an entire day to READ and an entire day for me to write, kind of like this one but with a more emphatic and excited tone. That's how much I love my job. Which is great, it really is. But dull to read about...we'll save it for a conversation over martinis, shall we?

In non-job related news (hmm this might be difficult), this past week I:

1. Started going to the gym AND on our elliptical machine. Go me!
2. Broke out in a crazy facial rash that itched, burned and turned various shades of red before receding. Ew, that sounds really gross. Anyway, it was merely an allergic reaction to Clean and Clear facewash. Nothing contagious.
3. Hung out with Mom and Dad!!! Always a wonderful time. We went to the Book Barn and had lunch (with Jeff, too, of course).
4. Became addicted to Kate Nash and constantly had one of her song lyrics buzzing around in my head while attempting to "populate" an RFP. Oops, work talk. But really, how can you not love a song with the title "Pumpkin Soup"?
5. Had an amazing dinner at Lupo with Megan and Lily.
6. Gave advice to a friend who was going through a hard time.

Whew, and you wonder why I don't have a ton of energy to post a blog entry on a daily basis. There you have it, folks. My life in a nutshell...as fascinating as it may be. Be back soon--or as soon as I feel like it!

4 comments:

A said...

Well, I know I am always fascinated by the life of Tara -- especially when it includes rashes and/or songs about large squash. :)

Heather Coddington said...

awww that is a CUTE nickname. come on, don't you like it just a little?

Tara said...

Okay, maybe I like the nickname a little bit (grins sheepishly ;). And I'm glad to have you back, Ange!

Renee said...

I have RFP's at work, too ... red fluorescent proteins! ;)